Sunday 15 February 2015

LP Lexicon Podcast 023: Morning Phase by Beck

Episode: 023
iTunes
Stitcher
Download: Link.

Artist: Beck.

Album: Morning Phase.


Show notes: Hearing that Beck won Grammies really gave me a thrill last week, although the controversy that surrounded it annoyed me immensely. It's just childish. "He won this. She deserved to win that." Grow up.

I've become fond of E-Pro, too, this week, from Guero, and I've give this a fair few spins:

Beck (á la Michel Gondry) - Deadweight.

I'm looking forward to picking those albums up which I'm missing. Modern Guilt is a modern classic (See what I did there?), and check out Modern Guilt Acoustic.

On the table today, we had 70% of the Beck discography, 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die, 1001 Songs You Must Hear Before You Die, 1000 Record covers by Taschen and the Guinness British Hit Singles and Albums (2006). We plan to use these more as each week goes on, along with other books (of which, there are many) from our respective personal libraries.



... aaaand, Keeping it Peel.

No comments:

Post a Comment